Transition/diversion of long term care residents to the community
Contact Aimee Schraud for NHTD RRDC information in the lower Hudson Valley (Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-228-7457 ext. 1130 (voice), 914-259-8036 (VP).
For the New York City NHTD Waiver Program (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island) call 718.816.3555
This waiver program assesses, plans, and supports the transition of nursing home and long term care facility residents, who are eager to and capable of returning to community living, back to integrated community living settings of their own choosing. It also assists persons at risk of being placed in a skilled nursing facility. WILC/PILS is the Hudson Valley Region Center providing services for the residents of Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Putnam, Dutchess, and Ulster Counties.
For more information about the services and/or becoming a waiver services provider: Click Here.
Nursing Home Transition/Diversion Waiver (NHTD) is a Medicaid Waiver program serving individuals with Medicaid that are either in or at risk of going in to a nursing home. The emphasis of this program is to assist individuals with a person-centered, Individual Service Plan developed to support independence, integration into the community, health and welfare.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older, and if under 65 years of age, have proof of a physical disability
- Be eligible for a nursing facility level of care
- Be enrolled in the Medicaid Program
- Choose living in the community vs. living in a nursing facility
- Have or find a living arrangement which meets the individual’s needs
- Be able to be served with the funds and services available under the Waiver and the Medicaid State Plan
- Need Waiver services to ensure their health and welfare
- Service Coordination
- Independent Living Skills Training Services
- Home Community Support Services
- Structured Day Program Services
- Community Integration Counseling
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support
- Respite Services
- Environmental Modifications
- Assistive Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Peer Mentoring
- Moving Assistance Services
- Community Transitional Services
- Congregate and Home Delivered Meals
- Home Visits by Medical Personnel
- Nutritional Counseling/Educational Services
- Wellness Counseling