Benefits, peer support, information and referrals
WILC’s Advocate and Certified Mental Health Peer Specialist is part of the Independent Living (IL) Team. The IL Team works with consumers with physical and mental health disabilities and provides them with resources to empower them in making decisions toward their Independent Living goals. Services are also provided in Spanish.
- Peer Advisement
- Benefits and Entitlement Advisement and assistance in completing applications for services such as SNAP benefits, Medicaid or other health care services, cash assistance, Social Security benefits application, etc.
- Information and referrals for community resources such as mental health groups
- Assistance in finding a medical provider, physiatrist, therapist, etc.
- Weekly sessions of a wellness group
- One-on-one counseling provided by a Certified Peer Specialist
- Independent living skills
- ParaTransit assistance
- Advocacy empowerment, educating consumers with knowledge of their rights and options enabling them to make their own decisions and take appropriate action
- Deaf Services for the hearing impaired