Assistance and information regarding benefits
Contact Margaret Valenzuela, Director Independent Living and Benefits Specialist, email@example.com or call 845-228-7457 (voice), 914.259.8036 (VP).
Our Advocates and Peer Advocates are certified Benefits and Work Incentives Practitioners who can answer your questions about eligibility requirements, procedures and available benefits.
We can assist you when you are applying for benefits or appealing a denial of benefits.
Our advocates know what resources are available and can assist you in making informed choices. We provide assistance in understanding and accessing available resources, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- PASS PLAN (to return to work while retaining your benefits)
- Social Security Work Incentive Program
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Medicaid benefits for the working disabled (Medicaid Buy-In)
- Public assistance
- Food stamps, SNAP Program
- Emergency food sources
- Section 8, Housing Choice Voucher Program