The New York State Independent Living Council, Inc. (NYSILC) is an independent, nonprofit state council. The NYSILC mission is to promote independent living for people with disabilities across New York State, in partnership with the network of community-based Centers for Independent Living.
The New York Association on Independent Living (NYAIL) is a statewide, not-for-profit membership association created by and composed of Independent Living Centers across New York State. NYAIL’s mission is improving the quality of life, safeguarding the rights, and ensuring equal opportunities for all people with disabilities, as well as promoting the Independent Living philosophy both within the disability community and to the public.
Adults with Disabilities Act: Information, Guidance, Training
- Property Taxes and Assessments, local governments and school districts can opt to grant a reduction on the amount of property taxes paid by qualifying persons with disabilities.
- Senior housing options in Putnam County
- Putnam Office for People with Disabilities
- National Council on Disability
- National Organization on Disability
- American Association of People with Disabilities
- American Foundation for the Blind
- National Association for the Deaf
- Easter Seals
- Information on the FAIR HOUSING AMENDMENTS ACT
- Information on Fair Housing Accessibility Guidelines
- NYS Department of Health
- US Department of Labor Office of Disability Employment Policy
- My child has a disability and I need information about the CPSE/CSE process.
- Where can I find help to pay for my prescriptions?
- Where can I find agencies in Westchester that provide services in Spanish?
Emergency Preparedness for Persons with Disabilities, Families, Seniors and Pets