Resources and support for families making informed educational decisions
Contact Jessica Baumann, Director of Educational Advocacy Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-228-7457 (voice) 914.259.8036 (VP).
The Educational Advocacy Program offers technical assistance, information and referral via phone, email or in-person in Westchester, Putnam and lower Dutchess County.
Ed advocacy staff works with families of children, birth to 21, with special needs to aid in the advancement of their development and the security of their future.
Services include providing information about:
- Special education, Section 504, State regulations and IDEA
- Community resources for parents
- Connecting families to resources and support groups
One-to-one case advocacy:
- Empowering parents to successfully advocate for their children
- EI, CPSE, CSE and 504 meetings
- Transition Planning
- Peer Support
- Community outreach
- Review records, strategize and assist parents in the development of goals and objectives
- Assist with effective communication skills
Prior to attending above-mentioned meetings, staff speak to parents and inform them of their rights.
ED Advocacy staff also conducts outreach and collaborates with agencies, Special Ed PTAs and PTOs and school districts throughout the region.