Putnam Independent Living Services is a consumer controlled, nonresidential center for independent living providing information and advocacy to persons with disabilities, their families, and individuals or agencies serving them. Our services are provided through a self-help model. We are located in Brewster, New York.
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
POSTED: July 26, 2018
SALARY: Full-time, $15.00 – 17.00 per hour depending on skill-set
REPORTS TO:Office Manager
LOCATION: Putnam Independent Living Services, Route 22, Brewster, NY
1. Answers and directs all incoming telephone calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
2. Conducts telephone interviews on all new callers to assess needs and engage consumers in programs and services.
3. Enters consumer information accurately on database (CIL Suite) and assigns to appropriate staff. Provides support/training to staff on consumer database, computers, phones, and other office technology.
4. Operates and maintains a variety of office machines such as fax, copier, and postage machine. Maintains adequate office supplies.
5. Assists staff members with general clerical functions such as creating flyers, copying, compiling materials, packets and mailings.
6. Ensures a professional and well-maintained office environment
7. Collaborate with external vendors.
8. Excellent “can do” attitude.
9. Experience in fast paced office/administrative environment.
10. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Executive Director.
High school diploma plus 2 years of experience in an administrative position. College degree a plus. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills. Organized and focused on accuracy. Ability to type. Basic numerical skills for tallying. Technologically oriented, knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Office 365. Problem solving skills, dependability and willingness to be self-directed at work. Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) a plus. Emphasis is placed on personal suitability to the organization.
Email resume and cover letter to: A resume without a cover letter will not be considered.
Linda Straubinger, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with disabilities, women, and minority individuals strongly encouraged to apply.